Conference Venue & Hotel Accommodation
The African Aviation Summit 2022 will take place at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
All Conference Participants are responsible for their own Hotel and Travel arrangements.
We have negotiated specially discounted rates for Conference Delegates at two hotels around Sandton and please click on the pictures below to book your Hotel Accommodation.
This is to confirm that the rates are as follows:
- Garden Court Hotel (3* Hotel) – Single Room Bed & Breakfast: R1,045 per night
- Sandton Sun Hotel (5* Hotel) – Single Room Bed & Breakfast: R2,095 per night
- Please note that the South African Rand to US Dollars and UK£ Sterling fluctuates but is currently: R15.9 = US$1 and R19.8 = UK£1
International passenger flights to and from South Africa are currently permitted, subject to the following conditions:
- Unvaccinated travellers must provide a valid certificate with a negative Covid-19 test outcome, recognised by the WHO, or equivalent local accredited authority, obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
- In the event of the traveller’s failure to submit a valid negative test certificate the traveller shall be required to do an antigen test at his or her own cost.
- In the event of the unvaccinated traveller testing positive for Covid-19, he or she shall be required to isolate at their own cost, for 10 days.
- Vaccinated travellers are required to show proof of their WHO recognised vaccination.
- Please check with the South African Government website as well as your own country’s requirements for return travel: CLICK HERE
- Face masks are required in all public places in South Africa.
- The event venue requires that on arrival a face mask or shield is worn; that you complete a guest screening questionnaire; have your temperature taken and make use of the hand sanitising stations.
Please note that citizens of the countries that DO NOT require Visas to travel to South Africa if the visit does not exceed 30 days are listed on the South African Government website: click here
|LETTERS OF INVITATION FOR VISA APPLICATIONS|
If you require a Visa to travel to South Africa, please let us know immediately by email to enable us to provide you with the relevant letter of invitation to assist with your Visa application.
|PASSPORT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS|
South African law requires travellers to have two (2) blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport to enter the country; one for the South African temporary residence permit sticker that is issued upon entry to the country, and an additional page to allow for entry and exit stamps for South Africa and other countries to be visited en route to South Africa or elsewhere in the region.
Passports should also be valid for a minimum period of 30 days from the date of exit from South Africa.
|YELLOW FEVER REQUIREMENTS FOR SOUTH AFRICA|
Please note that a vaccination certificate against yellow fever, issued at least 10 days before arrival in South Africa for travellers from a country with yellow fever, or for those who have transited more than 12 hours through the airport of a country with risk of yellow fever transmission. This includes when entry is solely to transit through a South African airport. Please check the following link for the Countries concerned: Click Here (World Health Organisation).